Monday, May 22, 2006


I dared to call Him Father
By Bilquis Sheikh with Richard Schneider

An incredible journey od discovery begins when a high-born Muslim woman opens the Bible

I dared to call Him Father is a book for everyone who wonders what would happen if he gave himself to God completely."Will He really fulfil His promises to take care of me-to protect me under all conditions?"

This is the true story of Bilquis Sheikh,a Pakistani woman of noble birth who faced such questions at the crossroads of her life.After she was left by her husband (a high-ranking government official),she retreated to her family estate to find peace and live out her days in quiet luxury.But the deepdown peace she sought eluded her.Searching in the koran,she found many references to the prophet Jesus.Out of curiosity,she turned to the pages of the Christian Bible.

Then her life turned upside down as series of strange dreams launched her on a quest that would consume her heart,mind and soul.

I personally like this book very much.This are some of the strong point that really take my attention bout this book :

1) " I've heard often that the Bible was changed but I've never been able to learn who changed it.When were the changes made and what passages were corrupted?"

2) Jesus say:"Just as in the sun there are both heat and light,but the light is not heat and the heat is not light,but both are one,though in their manifestation they have different forms,so I and the Holy Spirit,proceeding from the Father,bring light and heat to the world...yet we are not three but one,just as the sun is but one..."

3) "I am sorry," I laughed."If i come across as smug because I'm a christian,then I'm not acting as Christ would want.The more I learn about Christ the more I need correcting.The Lord has so much to teach me and I know He is speaking right how through you."

4) You can be sure the Lord never leads you out of a safe situation unless He has a purpose.Because of that,you can start rejoicing now,even in the midst of the hurt.

5) "I'm afraid i don't know too much about God,but i do know Him."

6) "There is only one way to find out why we are feel this way.And that is to find out for yourself,strange as that may seem.Why don't you pray to the God you are searching for?Ask Him to show you His way.Talk to Him as if He were your friend."

7) "Talk to God.Talk to Him as if He were your Father."

8) Part of the key of staying in His company was obedience.When i obeyed,then I was allowed to remain in His presence.

9) In time the Lord may show you how to declare your faith.In the meanwhile,just listen carefully to His leading.

10) The tale of Jesus' first sermon in Nazareth,when the crowd became so angry and determined to stone Him.Jesus passed through the midst of them.There wasn't a thing anyone could do to Jesus until and unless the Father allowed it to happen.The same is true with you and me.We have His perfect protection.Do you believe that?

"Do you mean we will never be hurt or harmed?"
"No,i don't mean that.Jesus was hurt.But only when His time had come to suffer.We do not need to live a life od constant fear that something terrible will happen to us.For it cannot happen to us until our moment has come.And maybe that will never happen.We will simply have to wait and see.But in the meantime we can live in great confidence.

11) Christians need each other for sustenance and counsel.

12) Just as God required Moses to strike the rock with a rod,He asked us,too,to participate in the working of miracles.

13)"Lord,do take away this nervousness.Nervouness is not founded in You.I cannot trust You and worry of the same time!And yet if this urgency is of You,Lord,there must be a reason and I will obey."



Strumming away my thoughts...
the rhythm of my heart...

Pauline Pan || blogged at 7:47 PM || 0 comments




About Me

IMG_2796 Name:Pauline
Birthday:18/11/1984
Msn:paulinepan84@hotmail.com
Location:Kota Kinabalu




Jc's Chat Box

Feel free to leave your msg(s) here so that I know you are here





Recent Comments

I can only say,THANKS for all the comments~





History





Hit Counter

Website Counter